Membership income enables ALAW to continue its important work in this sector, bringing together legal professionals to exchange ideas and experience and develop expertise in animal protection laws across a broad range of subjects.
Membership is open to all, and may be of particular interest to lawyers, animal protection and welfare groups, students, academics, animal protection activists and anyone interested in animal welfare issues.
How members can help
Members can help with drafting responses to Government consultations, assisting with enquiries from members of the public/animal welfare groups, contributing to training and other ALAW projects and by submitting articles to the Journal of Animal Welfare Law. Apart from animal protection law itself, expertise in many other areas is welcome – for example, public law, civil liberties, environmental health, planning law, freedom of information, civil litigation, media law, company law and charity law. In addition, lawyers have well-developed general skills such as advocacy and drafting which are useful in many ways.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Benefits of membership include:
- Subscription to the Journal of Animal Welfare Law
- Free seminar and lecture programme
- A bi-monthly email bulletin containing details of animal law news, events and consultations
- Discounted rates for ALAW training workshops on animal welfare related legal issues
- Networking opportunities with lawyers and animal welfare organisations
- Opportunity to assist in legal cases relating to animal protection and in aid of animal protection organisations
- Opportunity to attend and participate in trustee’s meetings
The standard annual membership fee is £35 for individuals in the EU. Outside of the EU, membership is £40. For retired people and students, membership costs just £10 a year (overseas £15) – with many reductions for events and some subsidised places for ALAW training events.
Organisations can also now become members for an annual fee of £40 (or £100 for organisations with 5 staff or more).
How to join
Please click the link below to complete the online form. You will be given the option of paying by Paypal or cheque.
If you prefer you can download the membership form to complete and return by post. Please make sure your email address is entered correctly on the form.
Further information on membership may be obtained by contacting ALAW.